Blower Door Test San Antonio
Do you need to schedule our blower door testing services? Contact us today!
What is a blower door test?
A blower door is a useful tool to analyze and diagnose energy loss in a building. It consists of a powerful fan that mounts into the frame of a doorway to the exterior of your home. Once the fan is turned on you will be able to measure the amount of air leaving the home in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM). A qualified energy professional can calculate the specific target CFM for your house.
Through our blower door tests, you will be able to physically feel the air coming through any gaps in the exterior envelope of the house. You can even feel the air with your hands while the fan is moving.
Our team will use the fan to discover weak spots in your building envelope and get a baseline for any repairs that need to be made.
Why is a blower door important in your home?
According to Energy.gov a blower door is important because it:
- Reducing energy consumption from excess air leakage
- Avoiding moisture condensation problems
- Avoiding uncomfortable drafts caused by cold or warm air leaking in from outside
- Controlling outdoor contaminants, pests, and odors from entering your home.
- Determining proper sizing and airflow requirements of heating and cooling equipment.
- Determining whether mechanical ventilation is needed to provide acceptable fresh air and maintain indoor air quality in your home.
Whether you are a residential homeowner looking to find out where you are losing energy, or a home builder looking to meet your local code, our blower door testing is a vital test for your building. Reach out to our San Antonio team for any of our energy efficiency services.